Specific objectives of this Action are:
- Establish an interdisciplinary network of experts focusing on cellular sphincter therapy.
- Integrate health authorities and patient advocacy groups at an early stage.
- Develop EMA conforming procedures for all steps required for sphincter therapy.
- Open a common platform with related medical technology companies to improve surgical and imaging tools for application of a cell based therapy.
- Define common needs and patient criteria for cell-based therapy.
- Harmonize surgical methodology and follow-up of cell based sphincter therapies.
- Generate knowledge on clinical outcomes and the best approach to sphincter therapy.
- Describe all requirements necessary for funding of a first phase I clinical study.
- Develop logistics for banking of cell and tissue samples for later studies.