The short-term scientific missions (exchange visits) allow scientists from a COST participating country to go to a laboratory in another COST country in one of the participating institutions of this COST Action for a period of 5-90 days. The STSMs are especially intended for young scientists at the postdoc-level to learn a new technique or to take measurements or use instruments and/or methods not available in their own institution. Candidates may apply with a project to be conducted in one of the participating laboratories and in line with a topic of this COST Action.
The application should be sent directly to the STSM Manager Ms Michelle Battye
The decisions which applicants are selected for an STSM and how much will be paid per applicant are taken by the STSM manger and the STSM Co-manager while informing the Core-Group.
Financial support is intended as a contribution to travel and subsistence costs:
- Reimbursement rate per day 160€ maximum (depending on the host country)
- Contribution to travel expenses up to 500€
- In total not more than 2.500€ per visit
To apply for a STSM you have:
- To obtain a written agreement of your host institution in advance
- Complete the online application form
- Send the completed form as e-mail attachment together with a CV, a workplan, list of publications, motivation letter, letter of support from the home institution to the STSM Manager Ms Michelle Battye
After the STSM the grantee is required to submit a short scientific report to the host institution and the STSM coordinator for approval within 30 days after the end date of the STSM. This report should contain:
- Purpose of the STSM
- Description of the work carried out during the STSM
- Description of the main results obtained
- Future collaboration with the host institution (if applicable)
- Confirmation by the host institution of the successful execution of the STSM
- Other comments
After this report has been submitted and approved by the STSM manager and STSM Co-manager the payment of the grant will be executed.